Call me back


As soon as they are instructed solicitors should send out standard forms for clients to complete at the start of each transaction. The forms come with the caveat that if you do not know something it is better to say so rather than guess as any buyer will be relying on the replies given and a misleading reply can be deemed as misrepresentation.

I always suggest that you ensure that all the documentation relating to the property is all present and correct.  Your solicitor will particularly need to know about any alterations and improvements and a supporting document trail will need to be shown.

Examples may be:

•Details of any planning permissions and compliance with any conditions.

•Building regulation consents and certificates of completion.

•FENSA certificates for replacement windows

•Competent trades certificates such as CORGI, Gas Safe and electrical certificates.

These are to demonstrate that a qualified contractor has completed any gas and electrical works to the requisite standards.

Do not worry if any such documents cannot be found as duplicates can sometimes be obtained or an indemnity insurance policy may be available. Your solicitor will be well placed to advise on such matters and it is better to discuss it with them sooner rather than later.

"We met Nicholas Moss when we viewed a bungalow and was so impressed with his professional approach that we decided to ask him to put our house on the market. Nick Moss valued our house with a price that was acceptable to us and a price that he felt would sell the house. He arranged all the viewings and kept us updated throughout. We sold our house in under two weeks which was due to Nick's professional attitude, his friendly approach and the contact that he keeps with all his clients. This helped us find the perfect house and we were in such a strong position that we were able to quickly secure the purchase. Nick was there throughout the whole process, keeping us and our purchasers updated. Nick kept in contact with all the other agents involved in the chain ensuring that any small problems were quickly resolved. He was also in contact with the solicitors offering his help in resolving any outstanding issues. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone and would go as far as saying that if you are looking to sell or purchase a home then go to Nicholas Moss. You will not be disappointed."
Mr & Mrs S of Chalfont St Peter